- click HERE to go back -
|Software Easter Eggs are special surprise hidden inside software. They are planted by authors as a surprise to users or dear ones. Some time they come public and some time they dont. Normal operations cant take the Easter Egg out of the software. It needs special key press or combination at specific place. Here are few compiled. Make sure you do complete the steps as described in carefully or it wont work out. Do ask for more in guestbook or contact link.
Surprise your "young ones"!!!
|Live a spyware/exploit/adware/malicious dialer free life. Change from Internet Explorer to Mozilla FireFox [Product Licenced Free - SORRY; no catch!!]. Advantage of tabbed browsing which enhance good memory utilization inturn speeding up your system; Very less vulnerable to spyware which might infect you while visiting malicious sites. Dont trust us! Just try it out... It wont cost to try or USE
1. Open FotoCanvas
2. Go to Help -> About FotoCanvas Lite
3. Click on the ACD Systems logo
Watch at the little windows that will pop up!
ACDSee 4 & FotoCanvas
Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 barking at you!!
1. Start acrobat reader
2. Select Help>About Plug-ins>Acrobat Forms
3. hold in Control+Alt+Shift and click on the credits button.
You should hear a dog bark, the button face will change to say "woof", and the adobe emblem will become a dog paw!
Special Requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0
Adobe photoshot 8 Crazy Quotes
1) Hold Ctrl and Alt and click HELP > ABOUT PHOTOSHOP...
2) Above the word "PROTECTED" (in the sentence Protected by US Patents)click once. If the window closed you did it wrong try agian. If nothing happens you did it right.
3)Wait for the scrolling credits to reach the bottom and start over. (Hold ALT to speed this process up)
4) Upon letting the credits start over you should see a bunch of quotes right where you previously clicked flashing before you in a white space.
there ya go..
Special Requirements: photoshop 8
AVG Antivirus Credits
1) Open AVG Anti virus.
2) Click on Help and select Program Info where AVG Antivirus System Information Window appears.
3) Click on Contact pad and press Ctrl+Alt at the same time and Double click on the Logo (Image).
4) You will find a new Tab, "Cridets" where you can see the list of developers.
Special Requirements: AVG Antivirus for Windows
Corel Draw He is Alive
1. Start Corel Draw, or one of the Corel apps.
2. Select Help, About.
3. Double Click on one of the icons.
4. You will see the Corel Balloon and a hand with a lever
5. Click the right mouse button and hold.
6. The balloon will rise with a banner.
7. Now for the fun part.
8. Right click the mouse.
9. Try it on different days @ different times of the day.
Special Requirements: Any Windows
Excel Excel 97 Flight to Credits
1. On a new Worksheet, Press F5
2. Type X97:L97 and hit enter
3. Press the tab key
4. Hold Ctrl-Shift
5. Click on the Chart Wizard toolbar button
6. Use mouse to fly around - Right button forward/ Left button reverse
N.B. You need to have direct draw installed for this egg. If you don't, you'll get the message: "This would be much more interesting if you were running with DirectDraw. But you're not, so this will have to suffice", and the credits will appear.
Special Requirements: Microsoft Excel 97
Excel Excel 2000 real easter egg?
Boot Excel 2000
Under file menu, do 'Save as Web Page'
Say 'Publish Sheet' and 'Add Interactivity'
Save to some htm page on your drive.
Load the htm page with IE. You should have Excel in the middle of the page.
Scroll to row 2000, column WC. Select row 2000, and tab so that WC is the active column.
Hold down Shift+Crtl+Alt nad click the Office logo in the upper-left.
If you have DirectX, you will be playing what looks like spy hunter. Use the arrow keys to drive, space to fire, O to drop oil slicks, and when it gets dark, use H for your headlights.
Special Requirements: DirectX
FireFox - FIREFOX'S REVENGE FOR IE5'S JOKE
1. Download and install FireFox from www.mozilla.com
2. Open & Enter "about:mozilla" in the URL-bar (Without Quotation Marks)
And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror.
From The Book of Mozilla, 7:15
This is actually a reply to the IE5 (Internet Explorer 5 from Microsoft) team's joke about Mozilla crashing computers.
Special Requirements: FireFox 1.00
1.Open a blank window.
2.Type about:credits into the adderess bar.
3.Read the resulting page.
Special Requirements: Firefox, Computer capable of running it, Power supply for the computer!!!
Right click on Google talk icon in the Notification
area [ Near Time in Windows ].
Notice the cryptic message which is nearly white on
white that says:
play 23 21 13 16 21 . 19 7 1 13 5
If you do a simple alphabetical substitution you get:
Special Requirements: Google Talk
Internet Explorer Extracting Hidden Credits from IE5
In the latest releases of IE5, the ability to view the hidden credits screens have been disabled and many people still try in vain to access it. However, even though the automatic ability to view the egg has been removed, you can still extract it manually from IE5.
1. In the address bar, type the url: res://shdoclc.dll/wcee.htm
2. Go to VIEW menu, and choose SOURCE to open it up in notepad.
3. Search for the phrase, gurjPRR in the text file to elicit the following lines:
if (DecodeStr("gurjPRR") != window.name)
4. Delete those two lines, and save the file as an .htm file on your computer.
5. Open that HTM file to view the hidden credits. Right click a whole lot to slow it down.
There are several funny parts throughout, so keep an eye on them.
Special Requirements: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
Internet Explorer - Trident Team Credits (v5.0)
1. Open IE5 Final (5.00.1402.16 or greater)
2. Type "about:<!-- introducing the Trident team -->" into the link line.
Special Requirements: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
Microsoft Word - Silly Tip of the Day
1. Set your animated assistant to Links, the cat.
2. In preferences, make it tell you the Tip of the Day every time you open Word.
3. Open and close Word again and again. Pay close attention to the Quote of the Day.
4. Eventually, you will find a silly one.
Special Requirements: Microsoft Word 2000
Mozilla - Bookmarks toolbar egg
This egg is realy simple, I stumbled on it by accident. all you have to do is:
1) Open Mozilla Navigator
2) Click on the "Bookmarks" button in the personal toolbar (the bar up the top of the screen, not the "bookmarks" tab in the Sidebar)
3) Drag and drop the Bookmarks button into the main navigator window.
That's it. I guess this dude is one of the contributing programmers to the Mozilla project and he couldn't fix this bug so he just turned it into an easter egg. Good oportunity to advertise for his site too!
Special Requirements: Mozilla 1.0 for windows (not sure about other platforms)
Mozilla - From The Book of Mozilla, 3:31.....
Type in 'about:mozilla' in the pathwindow
It will display as message beginning with:
And the beast shall be made legion. Its numbers shall...
Try it to see the rest. ;-)
Internet explorer reacts also by typing in the phrase above.
Please see the Internet Explorer egg!
Special Requirements: Mozilla V.1.0 (debian linux) other platforms unknown
Mozilla - FireFox - The Book of Mozilla
The Book of Mozilla actually continues. If you are using Mozilla FireFox (re-branded from FireBird), you may find a continuation of the story mentioned in the easter egg in Mozilla.
1. Open up Mozilla FireBird
2. Into the Address field, type "about:mozilla" without the quotes and press Enter.
You may now read the excerpt from the book of Mozilla:
"And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror.
- from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15"
And yes, you may also type the same into Internet Explorer, but you only get a dull blue background.
Special Requirements: Mozilla FireFox (tested on 0.8)
Nero Burning ROM - 4 Scrolling Effects
1. Click on Help-About
2. Double click on any point of the image
3. There are 4 scrolling effects available
4. Just double click again and again to see them all!
Special Requirements: None
Expect more in some time..